Not to date myself, but I remember when hotels had refrigerators that you could actually put stuff in. You know like left over pizza and a case of beer. Nowadays they pre-fill them with stuff that you don’t want and that can’t be moved without setting off a motion sensor that automatically charges you for them.
So what are you to do when you are vacationing or participating in other forms of long term hotel stay? Here are a couple methods we have used in the past to help keep our craft beer cold.
LONG STAYS aka THE SINK METHOD
It may not be classy but it is effective. You’ll have to replace the ice once a day or so, but it will keep your beer cool and prevent overheating.
1. Just close the drain in your bathroom sink.
2. Add your beers.
3. Fill basin with ice from the ice maker down the hall.
TIP: If you have a room for two most likely you will have two sinks freeing up one for traditional sink based duties.
TRANSPORT aka THE PARTY IN BOX
A sink won’t work if you want to bring the party with so you might have to resort to other means. If you happen to find 12 pack of craft cans you are in luck.
1. Open one end of the 12 pack and take all the cans out.
2. Grab a clean trash bag from one of the mini waste buckets they stock in your hotel room and line the inside of the box.
3. Then just dump in some ice while adding the cans back in. You now have a case worth carrying.
TIP: You won’t be able to fit all of the can back in, but your efforts in resourcefulness deserves drink or two.
So there you have it, two methods to keep your beer from heating up. If you have any similar tips or tricks we would love to hear about them in the comments section.